Friday, June 24, 2011

Beads, beads, beads

Sorry for the absence! I haven't really had time to gather posts together. I have a ton of ideas and reviews for products and stores but I just haven't had a chance to sit down and do them.

Anyway, I decided to do a quick post about beads on leelee's hair. This is the first time I've done a style with beads. I buy a ton and don't even use them.....what is wrong with me?! I'm not sure how I'm liking the beads. Her hair is very thin and gets even more thin at the ends. As I was adding the beads I noticed it seemed really fragile. I did the style Wednesday and took it out today.

I redid a new style and added beads again and I've noticed if I make larger braids and even them out its not too bad. I also coat the ends really well with my shea mixture and dip the rubberbands in olive oil. I will see how things go.

Btw, I used the beads from Walmart and within a few minutes of adding the beads she was playing rough with her dad and one poppes and broke. Has anybody else purchased the beads from Walmart? How did it hold up? Also, I noticed when I was adding them a few of the braids seemed shaky and the beads became all lopsided. Am I doing something wrong? Has anybody else experienced this? I'm thinking maybe I waa doing the rubberbanda too tight.

1 comments:

style='clear: both;' Unknown said...

I'd say try using the small size pony beads. That will weigh less on the hair and they don't require such big braids :)